An electrician is someone specializing in electrical wiring, distribution systems, electrical machines, and other associated equipment for commercial and residential use. Electricians can be employed either in the Installation of new electrical devices or the maintenance and repairs of already existing electrical infrastructure. Whatever the work scope an electrician has, there are many areas of expertise which he can utilise. Electricians do various types of jobs such as installation, inspection, repair, and restructuring of electric wiring and distribution systems. Electricians also design and build new infrastructure for electronic equipments. Some of the areas of expertise of electricians are:
– Installation: Electricians are called upon to install wiring to various equipments. They install transformers, fuses, outlets, switches, circuit breakers, wiring between electric circuits, and various other wiring related apparatuses. Electricians are also called upon to install various components which are generally needed to connect the various appliances involved. These components include fuse boards, bus bars, receptacles, switch plates, headstocks, switch boxes, receptacle housings, cable ties, etc.
– Inspection: The inspection aspect of installing electrical systems involves various inspections. One of the main aspects is visual inspection which basically involves inspecting the overall condition of a system. Electricians may check for defects, broken connections, loose connections, frayed wires, etc. The other inspection aspect of installing electric systems involves thermal inspection. This aspect of inspection involves inspecting how an appliance or equipment operates, what its temperature conditions are, and how efficient the device or appliance is at maintaining that temperature condition.
– Contractor’s Advice: Many electricians work as contractors. In order to start up a business or to provide their clients with electrical service, many electricians work on a per-job basis. In this case, they take up work that comes in and then they turn around and deliver the job when the client is done with it. To make money, it is important for electricians to buy supplies and tools on a regular basis so that they can complete projects on time. Electrician’s working on a per-job basis need to know how to buy materials and tools in bulk and how to store them properly so that they do not have to go back to the shop to get more tools when the job is complete.
– Blueprints: Electrician’s must have access to accurate blueprints for all types of electrician jobs. It is very important for electricians to have accurate blueprints because if the job sites are laid out incorrectly, then electricians cannot perform the job properly. In addition, electricians must carefully follow blueprints so that there is no confusion at any point during the construction. The blueprint represents a general idea of what the work will look like. Electrician’s must understand that the blueprint is just that, a blueprint and it needs to be followed closely for every step of the construction process.
– Wiring: Electrician’s need to have wiring to run the machinery as well as the electrical equipment that is needed for the job. Electrical wiring is done before any cabinets or shelves are constructed. Electricians use wiring to connect wires and also to protect the existing electrical systems from damage. Electrical wiring is typically located in areas where it is difficult to access and install wiring. This is because it is extremely dangerous to work under the ground for wiring and because it could create a dangerous situation for workers if the wiring is not installed correctly.
– Plumbing and Heating: Electricians also install piping and the plumbing fixtures that go along with the electrical system. Some Electrician’s specialize only in installing the plumbing while others do both. They will do both interior and exterior plumbing depending on what kind of building the electrical system will be installed in. Electrician’s installing wiring and installing plumbing should have plenty of experience in installing both these specialty areas.
An Electrician has many different types of skills that he can add to his resume. He can be a great asset to any new business or company that needs an electrician to get things up and running. By using basic, hands-on electrical theory, as well as installing, wiring and plumbing; an Electrician can make any electrical system much safer and reliable for any home, business or office.
Artisan Electrical provides a comprehensive range of electrical services that cover all facets of building maintenance and construction. Get in touch with electricians Windsor for a free quote.